About Reaching & Teaching
Reaching & Teaching International Ministries exists to reach the peoples of the world through evangelism and by meeting the great need for deep discipleship, pastoral preparation, leadership training, and theological education around the world. Reaching & Teaching was founded by David Sills, born out of the deep needs for discipleship and ministry training that he has seen in countries all around the world. This awareness of field based ministry needs coupled with his current work serving as a professor to those will be the missionaries of the future, led to the establishment of a ministry that will provide culturally appropriate discipleship and training for people groups around the world.
Reaching & Teaching seeks to encourage all of God's people to go into all the world in order to faithfully obey all of the Great Commission. This is accomplished by sending career missionaries, facilitating and leading short-term trips to reach and teach the nations, as well as through training and mobilizing local churches. From missions involvement and training to short-term trips, Reaching & Teaching International Ministries is a resource for you and your church as you seek to understand how the Great Commission should be manifest in your life and church.
Reaching & Teaching President, David Sills joined the faculty of SBTS after serving as a missionary in Ecuador. While with the International Mission Board, he served as a church planter and general evangelist among the Highland Quichua people in the Andes and as a seminary professor at the Ecuadorian Baptist Theological Seminary. He also served as Rector and professor of the Baptist seminary as a missionary with Global Outreach International. In addition to leadership training and seminary ministry that has taken him throughout Latin America and around the world, David has started and pastored churches in both the United States and Ecuador.
David has written several books and articles. His English language books include The Missionary Call: Find Your Place in God's Plan for the World, Reaching and Teaching: A Call to Great Commission Obedience, and Reaching & Teaching the Highland Quichuas. The Missionary Call has been translated into Spanish (El Llamado Misionero) and he has also written two books in Spanish, Capacitación Cultural en la Cultura Quichua and Quichuas de la Sierra: Descubriendo un Modelo de Adiestramiento Pastoral Cultralmente Apropriado.
David and his wife, Mary have been married for over thirty years and have two married children and four grandchildren. David and Mary's children have are all graduates of The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary.
Getting Started: Read The Missionary Call
Initial Contact: Contact us to see how Reaching & Teaching can partner with you or your church
Consider: Going on a short-term trip
- Reaching & Teaching International Ministries is a 501(c)3 organization. All gifts are tax deductible. Financial gifts should be sent to:
The Center for Pioneer Church Planting is a missionary training program that combines intensive in-class preparation and study in South Texas with 'hands-on' training in church planting locations in Papua New Guinea and Mexico.
- IMB is the largest missions agency in the world and serves as the missions agency for The Southern Baptist Convention. Engaging people groups around the world, they seek to reach the unreached around the world.
- Training Leaders International mentors and sends graduate students and pastors to bring theological education around the world. We serve as a sending organization for those interested in theological education. And we are exploring the potential of starting theological schools in places formal education is lacking.
- > 2005 Speaking Engagements
- > 2006 Speaking Engagements
- > 2007 Speaking Engagements
- > 2008 Speaking Engagements
- > 2009 Speaking Engagements
- > 2010 Speaking Engagements
- > 2011 Speaking Engagements
- > 2012 Speaking Engagements